David Hammond presents the Top 7 at 7 and Takeover Monday to Thursday from 7pm.
1. Where are you from?
I’m from a really nice quiet area called Mornington, just outside Drogheda.
2. What do you do at Beat? Your typical day…
I present the Top 7 at 7 and the Takeover every night but I also do some graphic design work for the station and anything I can do to keep myself busy. I absolutely hate having nothing to do!
3. What does your perfect day look like?
My perfect day starts off by waking up without the help of an alarm, have a fry and a cup of tea, maybe hang out with my friends, listen to some music and watch Netflix. So I guess you could say I live life on the wild side…
4. How would your friends describe you?
I like to think my friends would describe me as being determined and a hard worker, but knowing them they’d probably just say “he’s grand”.
5. Recommend one place in the South East that, to you, is a ‘must-see’.
Tramore is classss in the summer, definitely my favorite place.
6. Where is the most memorable place you have travelled to in the world and why?
Aw, now this is a tough one because I love to travel and I have been to so many amazing places so it’s hard to come up with just one. I suppose the place that keeps popping up in my head is a place called Zell Am See in Austria because of the scenery during the snow, but also Lake Como in Italy or London… ok, can we change the question to “Name 3 of the most memorable places you have travelled to”?
7. Tell us one thing that might surprise us about you.
I like to think I can do quite a good David Attenborough impression… but other people will tell you I can’t… DON’T listen to them!
8. If you were a superhero, what special powers would you have?
I always knew someday I would be asked this question but for some reason I never prepared an answer.
I suppose I’ve always liked the thought of being able to stop time for as long as I want, either that or being able to fly.
I’m really not good at giving one answer am i?
9. Who is your favourite music artist (band or solo) and why?
I don’t have a favourite and it’s cliche to say but I love all types of music. From John Mayer to Panic At The Disco, from Justin Bieber to Owl City, it really depends on what mood I’m in.
10. Name that one track everyone should listen to……
Paul Simon – You can call me Al is timeless and I could honestly listen to it everyday for the rest of my life and not get sick of it.