Darren presents Beat at Work, weekday mornings from 9.50am. He hosts the Saturday Selection, playing the best in house & techno every Saturday Night at 11pm too. Darren is also responsible for commercial production and station imaging.
1. Where are you from?
Wexford Town Hun, rissole country
2. What do you do at Beat? Your typical day…
Roll in at 9, wake myself up by catching up on the morning’s headlines between then & show time at 9.50. Finish my on air shift at lunchtime & then produce radio ads & station imaging all afternoon.
3. What does your perfect day look like?
Bed, laptop, wifi…sorted.
4. How would your friends describe you?
Laid back, cynical, slight perfectionist, sound (when ya know’em).
5. Recommend one place in the South East that, to you, is a ‘must-see’.
The Raven Point in Wexford is pretty savage, killer beach the whole way out although I couldn’t tell you the last time I was there.
6. Where is the most memorable place you have travelled to in the world and why?
I’m a freak for shopping & Tokyo had always been my Mecca to get to, it’s like a futuristic cartoon city although I think the internet probably spoiled it a bit on me, in the 90’s that place would have blown your mind completely. Barely anyone speaks English but people do understand bits & bobs, I’ve never been so dependent on sign language in my life! Lived on McDonalds & choc chip cookies for 10 days.
7. Tell us one thing that might surprise us about you.
Contrary to popular belief I don’t bleach my hair cos I’m a secret ginger…..natural colour is brown!
8. If you were a superhero, what special powers would you have?
9. Who is your favourite music artist (band or solo) and why?
Noel Gallagher for over 20 years now.. voice of a generation.