Make meatballs with tomato sauce.
- 500g of lean mince
- 1 carrot finely grated
- 1 courgette finely grated
- ½ of onion grated
- A handful of fresh parsley finely chopped
- 1 cloves of garlic finely chopped
- 1 cup of porridge
- 1 teaspoon of dried Oregano
- A pinch of freshly ground pepper and salt
- 1 carton of Tomato Passata
- 1 teaspoon of dried Basil
- I teaspoon of dried Oregano
- Combine all the ingredients for the meatballs into a large bowl and mix together well.
- Form meatballs using 1 tablespoon of the mix and place on a baking tray lined with tinfoil.
- Cook directly under a hot grill for 15-20 minutes until they are browned. They don’t need to be fully cooked.
- Add the tomato sauce ingredients into a deep saucepan and gently cook for 5 minutes. Then add your meatballs and cook on a low- medium heat for a further 10-15 minutes before serving.
Serve with wholegrain pasta and freshly chopped herbs.Centra