Errigal has an opening for a Software Engineer. The successful applicant will join our team of operations and development engineers located in our state of the art office in Waterford, Ireland. The position involves designing, developing and deployment of Errigal’s existing and new software applications based on Java, Groovy and Grails with agile software project management and delivery. The position will involve travel to customer sites in the US as well as our head office in San Francisco.
We recruit the best and brightest problem solvers. All engineers, junior and senior, are an integral part of the team with equal opportunity to share and critique ideas. Employee growth is of huge importance within Errigal. For this role we are looking for a logical, critical thinker with excellent judgement and initiative. If you like being exposed to leading technologies and enjoy being part of a dynamic team, the n this may b e the right position for you.
- You hold an Honours degree in computer science/engineering or a related field, with three or more years’ experience writing production le el software in Java, Spring Boot, Groovy and Grails an advantage.
- You are familiar with enterprise adapters, XSLT, Java utilities, RabbitMQ, JMS Queues, RMI.
- You are comfortable with Tomcat application servers, creation of Rest and Soap web service s and multi-threaded programming
- You have knowledge of version control systems (GIT), continuous integration engines (Jenkin s), React.js, XSLT, H TML, CSS and JQuery.
- You have a good understanding of relational database structure and design, MySQL is preferred.
- You are proficient using IDEs such as IntelliJ and Eclipse and have a good understanding of software development life cycles and methodologies.
- Hands on AWS and cloud experience.
- You are comfortable using develop tools such as Ansible, Chef and Docker.
- You are an excellent troubleshooter and have proven problem solving skills.
Errigal has specialised in telecoms software for twenty years. We have developed products that are used around he world by large telecom service providers.
At Errigal, we reward ambitious, passionate individuals with a work environment that fosters diversity, teamwork and collboration. We encourage innovative ideas and fresh thinking. We believe in investing in our people. We offer a competitive salary and a generous health insurance and pension scheme. Employees are actively encouraged to increase their skill levels, with generous support provided for further education and training. Our engineers attend soft ware conferences worldwide.
For more information on Errigal, visit http ://www.errigal.com
Think you’ve got what it takes to join our team? We’ d love to hear from you.
Please send your CV in PDF form at to: caree[email protected]om including “Software Engineer” in the subject line.