Respond is the largest housing association in Ireland providing social housing and homeless services. We are building our team of people with ambition and ability to achieve our aim to meaningfully address the housing and homelessness crisis in Ireland.
Role: Project Accountant
Location: Airmount, Dominick Place, Waterford
Reporting to: Financial Controller
Terms: 6 months Fixed Term – Full Time Contract
Job Purpose: To provide professional support within Respond’s Head Office finance department
Core duties and responsibilities:
- Assist in the production and completion of monthly management accounts and financial statements.
- Assisting with the preparation of accounts for Annual Audit and Internal Audit
- Assisting with the preparation of grant / funding submissions and the collection of same
- Assisting with the preparation of annual budgets
- Engagement in accounting and system development projects
- Reconciliation of various Balance Sheet accounts.
- Assisting with the documenting of Financial Control / Departmental Procedures
- Any other duties that may arise from time to time
- Good computer literacy including proficiency in the MS Office suite
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- Ability to work on own initiative and as a team player
- Ability to set up priorities and complete tasks to schedule
- Strong attention to detail and willingness to learn and grow within the position
- Ideally 3rd level degree in Accounting, Finance, or related business discipline
- Qualified / Part qualified as Accounting Technician / Accountant / Business Graduate / Experienced Book Keeper
- Advanced Excel knowledge.
How to apply:
Email your C.V. and cover letter to [email protected]