Errigal has an opening for an Operations Engineer. The successful applicant will join our team of operations and development engineers located in our state of the art office in Waterford, Ireland. This position involve s providing multi-level technical support to our customers in the global telecommunications industry.
We recruit the best and brightest problem solvers. All engineers, junior and senior, are an integral part of the team with equal opportunity to share and critique ideas. Employee growth is of huge importance within Errigal. For this role we are looking for a logical, critical thinker with excellent judgement and initiative. If you like being exposed to leading technologies and enjoy being part of a dynamic team, the n this may b e the right position for you.
The position entails:
- Resolution of issues with deployed software applications
- Interaction and communication to respond to customers with appropriate instruction , guidance and troubleshooting assistance
- Provision of technical assistance with regard to environment setup and configuration
- Writing Groovy scripts and MySQL database queries
- Hands-on issue/data research and performance tuning
- Creation and maintenance of technical documentation
- Close collaboration with support colleagues in Ireland and the US
- Participation in on-call rotations
- Travel as required to customer sit s in the US as well as our head office in San Francisco
Education, Experience, Skills:
- Degree in information technology, computer science, computer engineering or a related field. Experience in a software testing environment would be beneficial.
- Strong knowledge of relational database management systems, prefer ably MySQL.
- Knowledge and experience of deploying applications implemented in Java.
- Experience with a scripting language such as Groovy, Pyth on or bash.
- Experience with Linux and command line environments a distinct advantage.
- Understanding of computer networking.
- Practical troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
- Strong time management skills including prioritising and planning.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work on own initiative.
Errigal has specialised in telecoms software for twenty years. We have developed products that are used around he world by large telecom service providers. At Errigal, we reward ambitious, passionate individuals with a work environment that fosters diversity, teamwork and collaboration. We encourage innovative ideas and fresh thinking. We believe in investing in our people. We offer a competitive salary and a generous health insurance and pension scheme. Employees are actively encouraged to increase their skill levels, with generous support provided for further education and training. Our engineers attend soft ware conferences world wide.
For more information on Errigal, visit http ://www.errigal.com
Think you’ve got what it takes to join our Team? We’d love to hear from you.
Please send your CV in PDF form to [email protected] including “Operations Engineer in the Subject line