Job Title: Night Porter
Reporting to: Night Manager & Assistant Night Manager
Purpose of job: As Night Porter you will be responsible for ensuring the hotel standards are delivered to guests at all times throughout the night, ensuring the smooth and efficient running of reception so that all queries are dealt with correctly. Acting as first point of contact you are responsible to provide a warm, friendly and courteous welcome to our customers.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- To deliver a high quality service to Hotel guests.
- To professionally represent Mount Wolseley at all times.
- Use of onsite computer systems.
- Handling guest queries and taking messages.
- Advising on hotel facilities.
- Check in of late arrivals and check out of early departures
- Assisting Hotel guests with luggage if required.
- Arranging taxis.
- Taking room service requests.
- Ensuring Public Areas, including Public Toilets, are kept clean and tidy.
- Function and Meeting Room set-ups, including assisting with audio-visual set-ups, i.e.TV, DVD’s, Over-Head Projectors, etc.
- Reporting any maintenance problems to the maintenance staff and manger on duty.
- Providing and maintaining security of the hotel at night
- Completion of night audit duties to include Fire Walk.
- To carry out duties instructed by the manager on duty.
Health & Safety duties:
- To fulfil your obligations under the Health & Safety at Work Act 1989 and any revisions or additional legislation made thereto.
- To ensure that reasonable care is taken for health and safety of yourself, other employees, guests and any other persons on the premises.
- To keep work areas tidy and safe and report any hazard, loss or damage to management.
- To be aware of trained first-aid personnel on the premises and the location of first aid box.
- To observe all safety rules and procedures, including those laid down in the Health & Safety Statement.
- To carry out and promote fire and accident/other safety drills as directed by the hotel safety officer.
- To participate in all Health and Safety training scheduled for you and your team.
- To inform Management immediately in the event that you are personally involved in any accident or incident on the hotel grounds or if you are witness to an accident or incident involving a third party.
The above is not intended to be an exhaustive list and you may be asked to complete other duties and comply with reasonable requests as directed by management. The company reserves the right to alter the duties, responsibilities and activities of this job description as the needs of the business dictate.
To apply email your CV to [email protected]