Graduate Mechanical Engineers-Waterford
Our client is currently seeking to recruit for the position of a Junior Design Engineer to work in the design engineering group for the company. The candidate will work on flow system components, sub-assemblies, finished assemblies, specification development for custom built products. The successful candidate will have a strong background in Solidworks or similar 3D modelling packages.
The position will require strong CAD and 3D modelling abilities and the incumbent will be expected to perform a wide variety of duties and tasks necessary to design, build and supply safe, efficient and effective components and modules that meet customer and market expectations.
- Preparing and creating 3D models in accordance with the design principles established and the company’s CAD system practices;
- Interpret customer specifications to design and model as requested
- Understanding and following flow logics and flow technologies which enhance customer user needs;
- Understanding industry and market regulations and specifications to ensure that product designs achieve the required standards;
- Collaborate with Quality Assurance, Engineering, Production, Supply Chain and Marketing departments in relation to product designs, materials, test methodologies, process development, etc.
- Provide regular reporting and communications on status of project to the programme milestones;
- Execution of strong project management techniques in delivering the programme within budget and to defined timelines.
- Understand industry design specifications and technical criteria to develop product designs based on customer and market specifications.
- Work within and maintain effective procedures and systems for design, approval and release of drawings in a systematic and controlled process.
- Reviewing instrumentation required to provide “smarter” innovative products.
- Commercial awareness and understand fit between the technical and global requirements to deliver a sustainable product line for the business.
- Liaise with group-company engineering on product design criteria as directed.
- Some business travel to external stakeholders may be required as determined by the business.
- Mechanical Engineering degree or equivalent
- Efficient personal skills and strong communication skills.
- Experience using Solidworks or CAD & Computational Flow Dynamics (CFD), FEA packages is essential
- Good working knowledge of MS Office.
- Ability to work across multi functions and communicate across functions.
- Proven problem solving skills and methodologies.
- High self-motivation and a self-starter to drive the new product development programme.
- International travel may be expected
- June start Date
Hartley People Recruitment work to the highest ethical standards within our industry and we value the trust that you place in us when you send your CV. We can provide a full consultation in confidence and we guarantee that your CV will not be sent to any of our clients without your prior consent.
For immediate consideration please call Laura on 051-878813 or email your CV in word format to [email protected] in response to this job posting