Director of Operations
Director of Operations
Errigal has an opening for a Director of Operations. Reporting to the CEO, the Director of Operations has overall responsibility for delivering the highest standard of support and technical solutions. The successful applicant will join our team of Operations and Development staff located in our state of the art office in Waterford, Ireland.
We recruit the best and brightest problem solvers. All engineers, junior and senior, are an integral part of the team with equal opportunity to share and critique ideas. Employee growth is of huge importance within Errigal. For this role, we are looking for an energetic, innovative and inspiring leader who will take responsibility for leading and managing a team of ten staff who provide 24×7 support to production software and hardware environments across Errigal’s customer base. The position will involve travel to customer sites in the US as well as our head office in San Francisco. If you like being exposed to leading technologies and enjoy being part of a dynamic team, then this is the right position for you.
- You will provide leadership, direction and challenge to create a culture of high performance and efficiency, continual improvement, innovation and customer focus.
- You will establish effective working relationships with key partners in all business areas.
- You will create, lead, mentor and coach a high performing team of IT professionals.
- You will provide technical direction to engineers, project management on key Operations projects as well as resource management to ensure any issues impacting Errigal’s software applications or environments are accurately resourced and resolved.
- The role also involves acting as an interface and escalation point-of-contact for Errigal’s large-scale support contracts with customers from North American markets.
- You will be managing a team that has vast experience in many technologies and disciplines including Operating Systems, Programming, Hardware, Computer Networking, Databases and much more. All employees have a Computer Science or Engineering background.
- You have experience working with cross-functional teams in a fast-paced agile environment.
- You have a strong sense of ownership, are passionate and detail oriented.
Education, Experience, Skills
- A minimum of honors degree in Computer Science/Engineering or a related field.
- Three or more years’ experience in a technical leadership/management role.
- Excellent knowledge of managing a department of technical staff working across many disciplines, including but not limited to: Databases, Programming, Hardware, Networking, Public/Private Cloud, Scripting, and Operating Systems.
- Strong time management skills with proven track record on planning and prioritising.
- Excellent interpersonal and coaching skills; strong team player.
- Experience in Scheduling, forecasting and project management.
- Excellent communication skills – oral, written, listening, executive presentations.
- Strong Delivery and execution skills.
- Experience in telecoms, networks and/or telecoms software industry.
Errigal has specialised in telecoms software for twenty years. We have developed products that are used around the world by large telecom service providers.
At Errigal, we reward ambitious, passionate individuals with a work environment that fosters diversity, teamwork and collaboration. We encourage innovative ideas and fresh thinking. We believe in investing in our people. We offer a competitive salary and a generous health insurance and pension scheme. Employees are actively encouraged to increase their skill levels, with generous support provided for further education and training.
For more information on Errigal, visit http://www.errigal.com
Think you’ve got what it takes to join our team? We’d love to hear from you.
Please send your CV in PDF format to: [email protected] including “Director of Operations” in the subject line.