Contact Centre Advisor
Respond is one of the largest housing associations in Ireland, providing social housing and homeless services. Our vision is that ‘every family and individual in Ireland will have high-quality housing as part of a vibrant and caring community’. We are growing rapidly in response to the housing crisis and are now looking for the right person who has the passion and skills to help us realise our vision.
Role: Contact Centre Advisor
Location: Airmount, Waterford
Reporting to: Contact Centre Coordinator
Terms: Permanent – Full Time
Job Purpose: To provide a professional service to customers when dealing with their initial enquiries and resolve a high percentage of those enquiries at the first point of contact. Signpost complex enquiries to the most suitable department or service area.
Core duties and responsibilities:
- Providing a quality service to customers through being the first point of contact for enquiries over multiple contact channels including: telephone, email, face to face, letter
- Supporting customers by resolving a high percentage of enquiries at the first point of contact, e.g. processing repair requests, providing lettings information, balance enquiries.
- Identifying complex issues and cases and escalating them to the appropriate subject matter expert within Respond.
- Identifying individual customer’s needs and demonstrating empathy in dealing with customers enquiries appropriately.
- Assist in yearly rent review process for all tenants
- Representing Respond in a positive manner
Job context, main activities and scope:
- To liaise with external agencies as required in resolving customer enquiries and to further develop services.
- To maintain professional relationships with residents and to maintain the highest standards of client confidentiality in strict accordance with policy.
- To be an ambassador for customer service across the organisation.
- Demonstrate value for money in service in the operation of your team.
- To have a flexible approach to working hours ensuring that service is maintained during core office hours.
- To participate in team meetings and provide and receive support from other staff members, sharing skills, expertise and experience as appropriate.
- Any other duties that may be assigned from time to time
- A Minimum of 1 year experience in a call centre within the last 3 years is essential
- Competence with standard desk top IT applications e.g. word, excel and email
- Ability to communicate fluently in English
- Multitasking with the ability to talk, type and listen to calls simultaneously
- Good telephone manner
- Excellent listening and people skills
- Able to relate to people in stressful situations.
- Tact, diplomacy and respect for confidentiality
- Motivated and adaptable to change
- Ability to work with partners, external & internal.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Able to prioritise and manage workloads, and work without direct supervision.
- Willing to work flexibly and under pressure
To apply email your C.V. and cover letter to [email protected]