Job Title: Accommodation Assistant
Reporting to: Accommodation Supervisor/Manager
Purpose of job: As an Accommodation Assistant, you are responsible for ensuring cleanliness of public areas to deliver an excellent Guest and Member experience. A Housekeeping Assistant would also be required to replace guest amenities and assist with guest requests. Specifically, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Maintains excellent standards of cleanliness throughout the hotel.
- Clean guest bedrooms and bathrooms to a high and consistent level daily. • To deal with all guests requests in a professional and timely manner.
- Vacuum rooms and corridors and maintain all public areas.
- Change and replenish bed linen, towels and guest amenities in line with company guidelines.
- Undertake regular deep cleaning tasks when requested.
- Restock and maintain trolley on daily basis.
- Be environmentally aware and dispose of waste accordingly.
- To ensure the highest possible standard of personal hygiene, dress, appearance and conduct is maintained at all times.
- To ensure you have a full understanding of all product knowledge and know all about the Mount Wolseley Hotel when your guests ask questions.
- To attend all statutory training and other training as requested by your manager.
- Carry out lost property procedures – follow the hotel procedures for the acceptance, security and return of guest lost property.
- Check public areas and toilets taking remedial action where necessary.
- Comply with hotel security, fire regulations and all health and safety legislation.
- Assist other departments wherever necessary and maintain good working relationships with all employees.
Skills/Experience to include but are not limited to:
- Excellent high standards of cleaning and shall be flexible with regards to working hours.
- Ability to go the extra mile, to provide the extra attention in order to satisfy guests’ individual needs and wants.
- Ability to anticipate customer needs, change goals and direction quickly and multitask.
- Ability to prioritise and organise work assignments.
- Ability to remain calm and courteous with demanding/difficult guests and/or situations.
- Ability to work well under pressure coordinating numerous requests at any given time.
- Ability to work cohesively with Housekeeping staff and other departments and co-workers as part of a team.
- Excellent communication skills and a passion for customer service.
- Must be well groomed and take pride in their appearance
- Must be flexible/available to work a variety of shifts included late night, early morning and weekend shifts and committed to succeed in a fast-paced diverse workplace.
Health & Safety duties:
- To fulfil your obligations under the Health & Safety at Work Act 1989 and any revisions or additional legislation made thereto.
- To ensure that reasonable care is taken for health and safety of yourself, other employees, guests and any other persons on the premises.
- To keep work areas tidy and safe and report any hazard, loss or damage to management.
- To be aware of trained first-aid personnel on the premises and the location of first aid box.
- To observe all safety rules and procedures, including those laid down in the Health & Safety Statement.
- To carry out and promote fire and accident/other safety drills as directed by the hotel safety officer.
- To participate in all Health and Safety training scheduled for you and your team.
- To inform Management immediately in the event that you are personally involved in any accident or incident on the hotel grounds or if you are witness to an accident or incident involving a third party.
The above is not intended to be an exhaustive list and you may be asked to complete other duties and comply with reasonable requests as directed by management. The company reserves the right to alter the duties, responsibilities and activities of this job description as the needs of the business dictate.
To apply email your CV to [email protected]